Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Hello, and welcome.  I'm The Angry Greek.
I'm highly opinionated, and extremely volatile.  I rarely censor myself.
Sometimes, asking me a simple yes or no question will lead to an hour long rant about everything that's wrong with everything.  People who have experienced this in person have repeatedly told me that I should start a blog.  Apparently my rage about the world can be entertaining.
So here goes.......

This blog will be a place where I can express my frustration with all of humankind without putting my job at risk.  I chose "Modern Bushido" as the title because I believe that the most fundamental problem with modern society is a lack of honorable behavior by it's citizens.  In other words, I think most Americans, and in fact, most everybody, could use a little Bushido in their lives.

So what, exactly, is Bushido?

Bu·shi·do also bu·shi·do  (boosh-eed-oh)
n.
The traditional code of the Japanese samurai, stressing honor, self-discipline, bravery, and simple living.

[Japanese bushido : bushi, warrior (from Middle Chinese wushi, knight, warrior : we, wu, military + shi, brave warrior) + do, way; see aikido.]
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Bushido

You could probably find a more precise definition, but that is the essence of what I'm talking about.
For further explanation, I'd recommend checking out a copy of The Hagakure, which I've quoted in a previous post.

So, this blog will be about the problems that exist in a society where no one holds themselves to any sort of consistent standard, and how applying those standards might improve the world we live in.




No comments:

Post a Comment